Hey Everyone!
Welcome to My Fitness Journey! I'm really excited to start this project since I am now 5 months post a C-section. After I first got married, I decided to lose a lot of weight. Through diet and exercise, I was able to go from 150lbs to 110lbs. I felt absolutely amazing. I don't do any fancy dieting. I just eat clean and track every piece of food or drink I put in my mouth. Back in the day (2010?), I didn't have a fancy smart phone, so I was logging all my food in a notebook. It was very effective. I was able to visualize the calories in all my favorite foods, and adjust my diet to include more filling and lower calorie items. Now I use the app MyFitnessPal, and I highly recommend it. It is a free app that has been getting better and better each year. As for exercise, I found an amazing channel on youtube called Blogilates. The channel was only a year old, but Cassey was such an amazing instructor. I got into shape very quickly under her guidance. She even provides a monthly calendar for free on her website. I encourage everyone to check it out. Once I felt fit and confident, I switched from blogilates to power yoga. I really enjoy yoga, so this was a smart decision.
When I got pregnant I got very sick. My body was not able to handle my pregnancy, so I had to stop working out. This was a big disappointment for me. I was planning on staying really active throughout my pregnancy, but I ended up gaining 45lbs. Long story short, I had an intense labor and delivery, and I ended up with an emergency C-section. My body did not recover well from the surgery, and it took me 4 months to be able to use my abs again. I did lose a lot of weight through running starting about 6 weeks after my C-section, and I even ran a 5k in October (picture shown below).
Well, now that I feel comfortable using my abs again, I will be going back to Power Yoga. I follow Ali Kamenova on youtube, and I have been loving her videos for years. I do Power Yoga 6 days a week, and then Yin Yoga on Fridays. For Yin Yoga, I follow Yoga With Kassandra on youtube. She is an amazing Yin Yoga instructor. I also plan I running a few more 5ks in the future, so I will train for those appropriately. With this blog, I plan on checking in once a week and providing my workout schedules for that week.
I plan on dividing my week as follow:
Mondays = Arms
Tuesdays = Booty
Wednesdays = Abs
Thursdays = Legs
Fridays = Yin Yoga
Saturdays = Total Body
Sundays = Cardio
For December 21-27 my workouts will be:
Dec 21- Ali Kamenova Morning Energizing Yoga Full Body Abs Legs Power Workout Espresso
Dec 22- Kassandra Yin Yoga to Restore & Reboot - 30 min Yoga Class Stretches
Dec 23- Ali Kamenova ShapeShifter HIIT MMA Functional Full Body Workout
Dec 24- Ali Kamenova 14 minute HIIT Cardio for Weight Loss and Core plus Stretching
Dec 25- Ali Kamenova Power yoga for Beginners Abs Core Legs Strength Upper Body
Dec 26- Ali Kamenova AK122 15 min INTERVAL TRAINING QUADS GLUTES LEGS
Dec 27- Ali Kamenova AK26 Beginner Yoga 20 min Vinyasa Hatha class Level 1 Abs Back
As you can see, for the rest of December I will be taking it pretty slow. The workouts are only about 20 min. Prepare to sweat! Next month I will be working out more intensely, so stay tuned!
I plan to use MyFitnessPal to track my calories. You can determine the number of calories you need to eat to lose weight through the app.
Sign up for email updates so you never miss a week of free YouTube workouts! Please subscribe to this blog and leave a comment down below. Thank you for the support!
-Miriam
Disclaimer: Please don't overwork yourself if you will be following my workout plan. This is the workout plan that I created for my own enjoyment. I am already an experienced yogi. Listen to your body, and stop when you need to stop. This is not a race, you should only go at your own pace. Please do not eat too few calories. I am not a medical professional, so please follow the advice of your doctor. I am not responsible for any injuries.


Comments
Post a Comment